I have been thinking a lot about Karma and the positive vibes you send into the Universe. There are a number of reasons why I am thinking about this. I made a conscious choice to live a principled life, what that means is to try to do the right thing everyday. I wrote a small status update on my facebook timeline, I literally mean it when I say:
To those I may have Wronged, I ask Forgiveness.
To those I may have Helped, I wish I did More.
To those I Neglected to help, I ask for Understanding.
To those who helped me, I sincerely Thank you!
Trying everyday to work on myself and be a better human being. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
I have to thank my friend Ajay Chaturvedi, for posting this at the turn of the new year. I added the last sentence to this. I try very hard not to gossip, lie or talk behind people’s back or do something that is not integral to my living philosophy, I strongly believe that there are 7 things that will destroy anyone
- Wealth without Work
- Pleasure without Conscience
- Knowledge without Character
- Commerce without Morality
- Science without Humanity
- Worship without Sacrifice
- Politics without Principles
I try to give with absolutely no expectation to Entrepreneurs and Startup Founders and to basically anyone who wants my help. I believe I am building good karma with these actions. It pains me to find out that people talk on my back say things that are untrue and more or less jeopardize what I plan to do. I guess that is part of life, there are always people who do this. I am not here to judge them but I just pray and ask for forgiveness I must have done something awful to deserve this back stabbing. To all those who spread rumours and talk badly about what I am trying to accomplish, I have this saying popularized as something that Mother Theresa said:
- People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.
- If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.
- If you are successful, you will win some unfaithful friends and some genuine enemies. Succeed anyway.
- If you are honest and sincere people may deceive you. Be honest and sincere anyway.
- What you spend years creating, others could destroy overnight. Create anyway.
- If you find serenity and happiness, some may be jealous. Be happy anyway.
- The good you do today, will often be forgotten. Do good anyway.
- Give the best you have, and it will never be enough. Give your best anyway.
I will continue on this journey with the above wise words. I don’t want to preach but whatever you sow you will reap. I try hard not to sow negativity or evil or lies, for those who do all I have to say is Karma is a strange thing, it always comes back to you.