Vodafone Scalable Business Competition – Bridging the gap between an idea and fully flexed product
We’ll help you make your company more international and scalable!
One of the biggest difficulties facing any founder is taking the step from a minimum viable product to a scalable revenue generating company. Now for the first time Startup Iceland and Vodafone are teaming up together to launch a program designed to help founders in Iceland that enables them to grow fast locally and hence scale globally. The program is named STÖKKPALLURINN. Any company or entrepreneur that fits the criteria below can apply. From the applications if they are promising enough we will choose upto 5 companies that will receive the following:
- A chance to pitch their company at the Startup Iceland conference, in front of hundreds of the most influential people in the Icelandic and international startup scene .
- Private mentoring sessions with speakers from the Startup Iceland conference the day after the conference.
- Private sessions with Vodafone’s specialists.
- Scalability workshops where we will be meeting up for sessions on various topics taught by top professionals on each topic. Topics such as marketing, PR, sales, investor meetings, new markets and more.
- Possible option of a distribution contract with Vodafone Iceland along with access to Vodafone’s sales and marketing channels plus assistance with introducing a product in the international market.
- Wrap-up party will then be held at the end of the workshop where you will be able to pitch/present directly to active investors in the Icelandic startup scene and then spend the evening with them to get to know them better.
Special prices for upto top 3 startups:
- 1.000.000 kr cash prize
- Telecom support that suits the telecom needs of the company for 6 months, with the option of further 6 month extension (GSM Red Office L subscriptions, Broadband/4G net)
- 500.000 kr cash prize
- Telecom support that suits the telecom needs of the company for 6 months, (GSM Red Office L subscriptions, Broadband/4G net)
- Telecom support that suits the telecom needs of the company for 6 months (GSM Red Office L subscriptions, Broadband/4G net)
We are looking for tech companies/entrepreneurs that could benefit from the sales and marketing channels Vodafone Iceland has to offer. If your solution fits our strategy those channels might be yours to utilize. If your startup is scalable to mass markets and the product is market ready within 3-6 months then this program is for you.
How to apply
It’s simple to apply for the program, just fill in the following form and attach your Business Case to it and attach a presentation where you the founders pitch us your startup. We would prefer a video pitch. The length of the video can be anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes, it’s up to you, just don’t have it longer than 5 minutes.
May 10th, 2017 May 15th, 2017
Frey Hólm Ketilsson, Innovation Manager at Vodafone talking about Stökkpallurinn in Icelandic Online Media Hlaðvarp Kjarnans (in Icelandic)