As most of you know I also have a day job as CEO of GreenQloud. I go to my mentor Brad Feld for getting a fresh perspective on things and in one of those sessions, he recommended that I read the book Startup CEO: A Field Guide to Scaling Up Your Business by Matt Blumberg, the CEO of Return Path. I mentioned to him that I have ordered the book and waiting for it, Brad got Matt to give me access to a reviewer’s copy and I am really thankful for that. I was suppose to be on vacation last week and I took this book as reading material, it was a bad idea. I could not put the book down, I was itching to get back to work to start implementing a lot of the strategies and ideas that Matt talks about. What was fascinating to me was the tone, language and the heart of the book. I felt like Matt was talking to me, giving me advice, knowing exactly what I am going through as a CEO. It was uncanny, I am pretty sure this book will become an instant classic among the Startup Founders and Startup CEOs. I am not going to go through the details of the book, go and get your copy, you will be pleasantly surprised. If you are a Startup Founder or CEO, you definitely need to read this book. For an excellent exclusive review of the book check out StartupManagement.org‘s William Mougayar’s post.
The book is broken into 5 Sections. I like the sequence of the sections:
Section 1: Story Telling
Section 2: Building the Company’s Human Capital
Section 3: Executing
Section 4: Building and Leading a Board of Directors
Section 5: Managing yourself so you can manage others
There were so many instances in the book where I felt my own voice in Matts words. It was just transforming to me. I am excited to get started on these ideas. It was exactly the material that I needed. Thank you again Brad Feld, for connecting the dots.
- Pre-Order Startup CEO, The Newest Startup Revolution Book (feld.com)
- Startup Management – Masterfully Curated Resources for every startup (startupiceland.com)
- 5 Questions for Return Path CEO, Matt Blumberg (getresponse.com)
- Startup CEO: The Book Every Founder Should Read (Exclusive Review) (startuprev.com)
- 11 Books Startup Founders Should Read Before Pitching VCs For Money (businessinsider.com)
- CEO News | Announcing CEO.com | News for CEOs | Blog (domo.com)