In case you have been under the rock or not been following this blog, we are having our Annual Startup and Entrepreneurship Conference in Iceland on June 1-4, 2013. The first two days June 1st in the afternoon to the end of the day on June 2nd, we are organizing a Hackathon. Hackathons are a tradition that we are starting to implement in Iceland, we conducted one last year and found really talented software engineers and developers who created a fantastic solution in a very short period of time. I have gone on record to say that we are very serious about recruiting those who can “Show Us” their skill than “Tell Us” about their skill. Hackathons are a perfect platform for that. GreenQloud sponsored and organized a Hackathon during UT Messan 2013, the annual IT conference in Iceland, the Winner of the hackathon was hired by GreenQloud. The clincher in this is that both the winners are still in high school. I believe very strongly that this is the new interview process of the software industry, no longer are you required to have a piece of paper telling others what skills you have, you can demonstrate it and build something of value that can be launchpad for your career. Startup Iceland Hackathon is that platform, have you made up your mind about participating in it yet? It is free and we provide all the food and drinks during the entire hackathon event. What are you waiting for? contact us and we can get you registered to be a participant in the hackathon.
- Eliot Van Buskirk: How A 17-Year-Old Girl Won a Hackathon — And What It Means for Women in Tech (huffingtonpost.com)
- 5 Tips to win the biggest hackathon in the world, AngelHack ! (travelandstartups.com)
- Hack***on (railslove.com)
- The Most Important Part of Your Hackathon? Your Sponsors. (tessrinearson.com)
- Girl Coder, 17, Rules All-Guy Field at Hackathon (newser.com)
- AngelHack Expands Its Hackathon-Accelerator to 36 Cities Worldwide (tech.co)