In August 2014 Startup Iceland held an informal Bitcoin / Cryptocurrency meetup.
Around 20 people attended to share their thoughts, experiences and ideas around cryptocurrencies.
At least one business idea came from that meeting and it will be exciting to see if that idea will turn into a business in the future.
Listen to the whole meeting here:
Mentioned in the meetup
- Releasing the currency controls of Iceland – Blog post on Startup Iceland
- SWIFT is the new Kodak – Blog post on Startup Iceland on how currency exchange is changing
- Money as debt – Documentary about how money is created in current FIAT systems
- Stellar – Distributed, open-source, payment protocol
- Ripple – Distributed, open-source, payment protocol
- Bitcoin – Decentralized limited digital currency