- Focus on the user and all else will follow
- It’s best to do one thing really, really well
- Fast is better than slow
- Democracy on the web works
- You don’t need to be at your desk to need an answer
- You can make money without doing evil
- There’s always more information out there
- The need for information crosses all borders
- You can be serious without a suit
- Great just isn’t good enough
There are start similarities betweent this document and my previous post, both start with putting the customer first, both talk about trust & integrity as being paramount in doing business and both strive for being the best in their respective fields.
Those are just 3 broad themes that I believe makes a company successful. I am going to try to search companies that have principles to investigate if they agree with the above themes… Google did not mention anything about the people who work for Google, whereas Goldman talked extensively about their people being one their priced assets I guess the difference is in the line of business they are in… Goldman is in the people business!